Irradiation is a chemical technology that the radiation of radioactive elements to change the molecular structure.
Industrial irradiation technology
Through irradiation, the long linear macromolecules of polymer materials are connected by chemical bonds in a certain form to form a network structure, which can greatly strengthen the binding power of polymers, and thus enhance the thermal stability, flame retardancy, chemical stability, drip resistance, strength and stress cracking resistance of materials.Radiation can take many forms, such as x-rays, high-speed electron streams, etc.The main application fields are building wiring, automotive wire, heat-resistant electronic wire and military field.
At present, there are two kinds of irradiating devices: one is gamma ray irradiating device, the other is electron accelerator irradiating device (divided into X-ray irradiating device and electron ray irradiating device, mainly electron ray irradiating device).
Radiation processing refers to the transfer of energy of gamma-ray produced by electron wire or cobalt 60 produced by electron accelerator to the irradiated material. By controlling the radiation conditions, the material has physical, chemical and biological effects, so as to achieve the goal needed by people.For example, polymer materials can be grafted, polymerized, fission or crosslinked, inhibit or stimulate biological growth, and effectively kill pests, eggs and bacteria.
The advantages of radiation processing technology can be summarized as follows:
1. The process is simple and easy to control.
2. Energy saving and high processing efficiency: the energy consumption of irradiation processing is only 0.5%-2.5% of thermal processing and chemical processing;
3. No environmental pollution;No chemical drug residues;Does not damage the appearance quality and the intrinsic characteristic of the processed products.
4. No impurities will be brought in during processing;Can be processed with packaging, improve efficiency without secondary pollution.
5, does not change the temperature of the processing material, also known as cold processing, can be said that the radiation processing technology is a high and new technology, compared with other processing technology, this new technology has obvious characteristics:
(1) the technology adopted covers a wide range, has a high degree of knowledge density, and has a strong professional nature.
(2) can be combined with all walks of life in the national economy.Strong permeability, can give full play to the role of radiation processing.
(3) increased output value, high added value and good social benefits.
(4) the industrial market is broad and concentrated, with great potential and promising development prospects.
(5) large one-time investment.In the construction of radiation equipment, safety protection, monitoring system is often a large investment.
(6) high break-even point.
The radiation processing industry is developing rapidly. The radiation processing products in North America and Europe have been widely used, and many devices have been put into use in Asia, South America and even backward Africa, with an annual output value of hundreds of billions of dollars.In recent years, radiation processing technology in the formula, antioxidants, crosslinking mechanism and performance testing of developed towards deeper and wider, in material science, life science, biological engineering, environmental protection, nutrition, medical science, electronic engineering, aerospace, geology, petroleum chemical industry and so on have achieved important results.Therefore, radiation processing technology is breaking through the traditional application pattern, penetrating into the frontier of science and technology and the breadth of production, forming many new application fields.